There are two ways to view your visitors for your website. Google analytics is a good comprehensive view of your visitors demographic and trending topics. However, you will require WordPress premium plan for Google Analytics integration. WordPress also provide a default statistics.
- Desktop > Go to Google Analytics.
- Login with your Gmail account.
- Select the domain name if you have more than 1.
- Mobile > Download Google Analystics.
- Similarly, Login with your Gmail account.
- It will take about 24 hours to populate the data.
- Go to My Sites > Stats.
- You can view Traffic, Insight or Ads.
- Traffic is similar to Google Analytics with less details.
- Insight is something related to WordPress and your posts vs the traffic. It will give you a clue to the type of content, tags and categories that will attract more audiences.
- Ads is another feature which Google Analytics will not have because WordAds is enabled by WordPress Premium Plan itself.
Overall, Google Analytics gives a detailed breakdown of traffic compared to WordPress stats. The advantages of WordPress stats are the correlation of traffic vs type of content. The Ads stats also give a good view of $$ made from your content. Of course, I will do a detailed review once I made my first $100 from Ads. 😁