Transportation Management System (TMS) challenges are constantly hounding traditional organisations. Like Digital Transformation, it faces its fair share of challenges during system implementation. This is a simple checklist to evaluate the challenges you are expected to face in TMS implementation.
- Is TMS your main business?
- Do you have legacy TMS that are different from global TMS?
- Are there more than 3 stakeholders involved beside the TMS operational staffs?
- Is there a clear TMS strategy provided by your business team?
- Do you have TMS subject matter expert (SME) in your organisation?
Providing the answers to above checklist will give you a clearer picture of where your TMS implementation is heading. By having answers to the checklist, you will be better prepared. You may realise that TMS is also a digital transformation. That is why there are many similarities in the challenges. Do not make the mistake of executing TMS with just IT involvement!