Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies: 2 by Jim Collins and Jerry I Porras is a good bedtime read of organisation culture and case studies of successful organisations. No spoilers will be revealed in this review.
- This book provides case studies approach in understanding organisation cultures and successful leaders.
- It is a smooth read and not heavy with theories.
- There are comparison studies done with real organisations. This gives you an introductory insight to various multinational (MNC).
- One of reasons which I know of this book is its focus one organisational cultures. Organisational cultures comes from people or leader who created a success company.
- Creating a company and sustaining a company is highlighted in this book.
- Lastly, you get to know many MNC and other related business books.
Overall, this is a pleasant read of business book that will guide you into the world of MNCs. Lots of success examples are quoted ranging from leadership to organisational cultures. While there are critics of the book on lack of research depths, I feel that this book is geared towards the general audiences who are new to business books. After all, it is also one of my first business books I read.