Today, I am convinced that the definition of done is harder than I thought. For those familiar with Scrum and Agile, you should know this term well. Many are faced with the expectation of Done from different perspectives. This is a quick tip to define what is “Done”.
Checklist to define Done
- Done is a matter of perspective. Recognise differences and compromise.
- You need to decide and quantify Done.
- Communicate and set clear checkpoints to arrive at a common Done.
- Add duration to Done. A long duration to Done may not be Done.
- Involve key stakeholders and be careful of noise that will cloud Done.
I am pulling my hair to complete some “Done” work from my ….Grrr!