SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is a buzz word and trend in the past. It is still very relevant now and the approach to SEO is now ubiquitous. Here are some simple tweaks and know-how basics SEO for WordPress.
- WordPress and major content providers are SEO friendly. You do not really need setup anything to “enable” SEO.
- SEO is now language independent and Search Engine can link the same context to different spelling like Optimization vs Optimisation.
- Do try not to slang too much in your language, Search Engine is not really there hor (slang)!
- Choose device independent themes that are user friendly and mobile friendly. Usually, these themes are SEO friendly to allow Search Crawlers, Bots or Spiders in.
- If privacy is your concern, it it best to set entire site to private or else Search Engine can easily “crawl” any page.
- Write for interest or be relevant. SEO is just a technique to drive organic traffic. It is not intended to make users return to your website.
- Modern Search Engine can now detect fraudulent links, contents, fake keywords and even scams sites. If you are using SEO for monetary purpose, this may not be a good move.
- For advanced users who wants the good old webmaster SEO control, you can still get your WordPress sites verified easily with Google Search Console or Bing, Pinterest and Yandex.
- If all these tips are too overwhelming, you may look out for some step by step book like SEO 2020 Learn Search Engine Optimization With Smart Internet Marketing Strategies: Learn SEO with smart internet marketing strategies.
SEO is no longer a technical domain that only a few can master. The growth of SEO shows the value that a domain can evolve to be user friendly and ubiquitous. I will expect machine learning domain to be in similar direction to let us focus on the essentials more than figuring out how to implement it.