SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is a buzz word and trend in the past. It is still very relevant now and the approach to SEO is now ubiquitous. Here are some simple tweaks and know-how basics SEO for WordPress.
- WordPress and major content providers are SEO friendly. You do not really need setup anything to “enable” SEO.
- SEO is now language independent and Search Engine can link the same context to different spelling like Optimization vs Optimisation.
- Do try not to slang too much in your language, Search Engine is not really there hor (slang)!
- Choose device independent themes that are user friendly and mobile friendly. Usually, these themes are SEO friendly to allow Search Crawlers, Bots or Spiders in.
- If privacy is your concern, it it best to set entire site to private or else Search Engine can easily “crawl” any page.
- Write for interest or be relevant. SEO is just a technique to drive organic traffic. It is not intended to make users return to your website.
- Modern Search Engine can now detect fraudulent links, contents, fake keywords and even scams sites. If you are using SEO for monetary purpose, this may not be a good move.
- For advanced users who wants the good old webmaster SEO control, you can still get your WordPress sites verified easily with Google Search Console or Bing, Pinterest and Yandex.
- If all these tips are too overwhelming, you may look out for some step by step book like SEO 2020 Learn Search Engine Optimization With Smart Internet Marketing Strategies: Learn SEO with smart internet marketing strategies.
SEO is no longer a technical domain that only a few can master. The growth of SEO shows the value that a domain can evolve to be user friendly and ubiquitous. I will expect machine learning domain to be in similar direction to let us focus on the essentials more than figuring out how to implement it.
One thought on “Build your WordPress for SEO”