The article on network orchestrators reminded me of my first book on this topic – Competing in a Flat World: Building Enterprises for a Borderless World. The networked economy and networked effect are research of topic then. This book focus heavily on a case study on the logistics company called Li & Fung. No spoilers below.
- This book provides a case study approach to network orchestration.
- You can have a look on the complexity world of logistics.
- Logistics involves a complex network and mesh of tacit and explicit knowledge and relationships.
- You can see how competitors are no longer a single entities but a network of alliances and coopetitors.
- Organisation are leaning towards affective factors like brand loyalty, trust and relationships.
Overall, it is a smooth read and not so academic in nature. If you like case study, this is the book for you.