- Create your site and select a WordPress domain name e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select a theme.
- Upgrade to a WordPress paid plan like Personal or Premium Plan if you want to link your personal domain name to your WordPress site.
- Update your site title and tagline.
- Update About yourself.
- Update your Home page.
- Create an email that use your custom domain and automatically forward to your email account e.g. contact at dannykwokcy dot com.
- Link your social media to your contact page.
- Decide on your contents focus and start writing!
- If you are still overwhelmed, you can check out the traditional book with a beginner guide to WordPress.
One thought on “How to setup up your new WordPress site”